The comic strip

For this week I read Little Nemo. I really enjoyed this comic strip. The illustrations are beautifully drawn with a pastel color palette that just feels warm and inviting. The stories really felt like a naive little boy's dream. The layout of the panels I found to be fun and definitely helped with the how the story was told. At times a page would have more than twelve panels but it never felt chaotic or messy. It was pretty mature even though the stories are meant for kids. I guess it got too real at points with how the dreams unraveled and what lessons the boy was being taught by his actions in the dream. Overall I really enjoyed the stories and I could definitely see myself coming back to these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maus and the legitimation of the graphic novel

Manga and the Japanese comics tradition

Eisner and Thompson